Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) acts as a coenzyme to help the body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It also helps to balance the sodium and potassium levels in the body.
– Maintains a healthy cardiovascular, nervous and immune system.
– May prevent dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis.
– Assists in metabolizing energy from food.
– May decrease blood cholesterol levels.
– May reduce inflammation caused by arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
– Reduces symptoms caused by PMS.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women, substance abusers, people under a lot of stress, people suffering from hyperthyroidism, and Estrogen supplement users benefit the most from the use of this vitamin.
Vitamin B6 can be found naturally in Avocados, bananas, chicken, ground beef, potatoes, sunflower seeds and tuna.
Consult your doctor before taking extra Vitamin B6 if you have stress resulting from injury or surgery, Liver disease, intestinal problems, or an overactive thyroid.
If you are deficient in Vitamin B6 you may experience weakness, nervousness, problems sleeping, tongue discoloration, and hyperactivity.
Recommended Daily Intake
The recommended daily intake for men and women is 1.3 mg, pregnant and breastfeeding women should have 2.0 mg daily.